Frequently asked questions
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
You can buy a RAYMOND WEIL watch on our website if your delivery address is located in Switzerland, Metropolitan France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Bosnia, Italia, Estonia, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Australia, and New-Zealand exclusively.
You can also purchase a RAYMOND WEIL watch from our network of authorized dealers.
To locate your nearest authorized dealer, please go to the Store Locator section of our website.
HOW CAN I BE SURE I AM BUYING A GENUINE RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
What is Diversion?
Diversion is when products are sold in “unauthorized” places. All genuine Raymond Weil timepieces are sold exclusively through authorized Raymond Weil partners. Raymond Weil watches that you find outside of these places are considered to be “diverted.”
Why is it important to know?
Diverted products can be counterfeit or discontinued. This means if you buy a watch from any other outlet other than authorized Raymond Weil partners, we cannot guarantee the authenticity or quality of the Raymond Weil watch purchased.
Find a brick-and-mortar authorized retailer near you
To find an authorized retailer near you, please visit our store locator.
ARE RAYMOND WEIL WATCHES SOLD ON THE INTERNET?
We ship our available timepieces online to Switzerland, Metropolitan France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Bosnia, Italia, Estonia, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Australia, and New-Zealand exclusively.
We also sell our watches through our network of authorized dealers. Some of them do have an official website on which they may sell RAYMOND WEIL watches. To locate your nearest authorized dealer, please go to the Store Locator section of our website.
Please Note: any purchase not completed from an authorized online retailer listed may be either discontinued or counterfeit. We cannot assume responsibility for purchase dissatisfaction or honor any warranties provided by unauthorized outlets.
WHERE SHOULD I SEND A RAYMOND WEIL WATCH THAT NEEDS TO BE SERVICED?
I NEED TO CHANGE THE BRACELET OF MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH OR ADD SOME LINKS TO IT. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHRONOGRAPH AND A CHRONOMETER?
WHAT IS AN AUTOMATIC WATCH?
IS IT USUAL FOR AN AUTOMATIC WATCH TO RUN A FEW SECONDS LATE OR EARLY EVERY DAY?
If your watch is running significantly early or late, please contact your nearest authorized service centre.
WHAT TYPE OF WATCH WINDER WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AND HOW SHOULD I USE IT?
All RAYMOND WEIL automatic watches can be wound with a rotating watch winder (of the Cyclotest type). It is the most common type of watch winder. It causes the watch to rotate, which allows the oscillating weight to move, thus recharging the mechanism.
We recommend you set your watch winder to 4 turns per minute. This should be sufficient to recharge your watch in 5 to 6 hours.
Other types of watch winders exist, in particular a model that recharges the mechanism by turning the crown, but we do not recommend this type of watch winder as it can damage the mechanism of your watch.
WHEN I TRY TO REGISTER TO THE WEIL CLUB, I AM TOLD THE SERIAL NUMBER OF MY WATCH IS NOT VALID. DOES THAT MEAN MY WATCH IS A COUNTERFEIT?
I CANNOT FIND MY WATCH ON YOUR WEBSITE. DOES THAT MEAN IT IS A COUNTERFEIT OR A DISCONTINUED MODEL?
If you are concerned with the authenticity of your watch, please make sure you bought it from one of our authorized dealers and were given the warranty card bearing the name and address of the seller, as well as its stamp and the date of purchase. Your watch should also bear a unique serial number engraved on the back of the case which guarantees its authenticity. Another way to verify a valid serial number is by first creating an account here and registering your watch. If invalid it could mean it has been previously registered, or the serial number and/or model number does not exist. If you still have doubts, you can use the Contact form below to send a message or email us directly at [email protected] Please make sure to include the serial number of your watch with a photo if possible.
DO YOU HAVE SPARE PARTS FOR MY OLD RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
HOW CAN I OBTAIN INFORMATION ON A DISCONTINUED RAYMOND WEIL WATCH AND CAN I GET AN APPRAISAL?
HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE PRICE OF MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES?
WHAT DOES THE GUARANTEE INCLUDE AND EXCLUDE?
Are excluded from this limited warranty of the manufacturer:
- Battery, crystal, strap;
- Damage resulting from an accident, normal wear, negligence, misuse, abuse or from the intervention of any person not authorised by RAYMOND WEIL S.A. or its representatives;
- Loss and theft;
- Incidental or consequential damage arising from the failure or malfunction of the watch as well as from any inappropriate usage, lack of precision, malfunction or lack of conformity of the watch.
Please click on this link to read the current guarantee policy.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH BE SERVICED?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REPAIR MY WATCH?
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE SURE MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH CONTINUES TO FUNCTION FOR A LONG TIME?
2. Avoid contact with perfumes, spirits or petroleum products as these may damage seals, case or bracelet.
3. Ensure that the crown, which is used to change the hands and/or date, is properly pushed in and/or screwed at all times. This prevents penetration by water or dust.
4. Avoid abrasions as scratching may eventually affect the case and bracelet.
5. If you are about to undertake heavy physical work, remove your watch.
6. If your watch has a leather strap do not wear it too tightly fastened or expose it to water, unless the strap is water resistant.
7. Avoid subjecting your watch to rapid changes in temperature.
8. When not being worn, keep your watch in a cool dry place.
9. Batteries should last for up to three years. If your watch needs a new battery please attend to this immediately as dead cells can harm the movement.
10. A water resistant model should have its seals checked at least every 2 years and annually if the watch is worn whilst bathing to ensure its water resistance.
11. Your watch must be returned to an authorized dealer for servicing and any other necessary repairs.
I CREATED AN ACCOUNT ON YOUR WEBSITE BUT DIDN’T RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
2. You might have made a spelling mistake in your email address. In this case, we suggest you create a new account.
3. If neither of the above applies, please email [email protected] and a member of our customer support team will reset your password for you.